Monday 7 July 2014

New purchase...broken tooth!

I'm not quite sure what happened today as I am still in some state of disbelief, or shock,call it what you will. As I mentioned in my last blog I may have a new housemate, or two even. It was a strange day Sunday. One of the two prospective tenants didn't turn up, not even a text, but the other was very interesting and I have decided in her favour, and that of her young 17 yo boy, William, who will come on weekends from his boarding school in the Wairarapa, the beautiful region I have just visited, synchronistically. Her name is L, an accountant to boot, and she is quite a strong Aries lady but one I got on extremely well with as I normally do with together Aries people.  I have given her the OK given her Fir's mobile so she can meet up with her, and we have also decided that her move is to be on the 18th or 19th of July, the day before I leave for Oz. Perfect timing. She is paying a good rent which will save me financially and take me out of the BnB business. Just after I have  started with a bang I shall now finish with a bang.
My hospitality career was short but sweet but it was of a suitable duration, just long enough for me to realise it may not be for me after all. I'm afraid I like people too much and prefer to keep them as friends, not clients.

And now I decide to celebrate my newfound  liquidity with a purchase of an original watercoilour by a local artist. It is at a relatively good price and I like it a lot. Very reminiscent of Martin Sharp, it is a satire of the chardonnay set in NZ. It will look good in my bedroom. Hope it's still in the David White shop on Wednesday. Here is a picture of it, on its side of course, it is about three feet by two, a good size and certainly colourful.
Wellie satire in aquarelle


Cold weather in Wellie with half a tooth gone!
Oh, I forget to say I also broke a tooth this morning on a local kumara, would you believe? I baked it so hard it was dangerous, and stupid me crunched it with my fragile teeth with disastrous results. Dentist tomorrow, luckily I got an appointment at five pm at millionaire dentist Da Silva's. Also lucky I today made $80 cash from an advertising survey conducted by an Aussie firm doing research on General Electric loans, enough to pay for some of my dental costs anyway, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment