Sunday 13 July 2014

Finally, new housemates!


It has taken exactly a month to find a suitable person to share my house with, but now I have not one, but two who fit the bill. One, a young French girl named Ilham, from a Moroccan father, has moved in today, and she seems perfectly suited to my smaller room which she embraced with unabashed fervour. In her late twenties she is having a final overseas fling and is really a lovely girl. Happily she arrived at the same time the other prospective tenant was here and as they got along so well, and both loved the rooms, I decided to rent out both of them, a result financially more favourable for me too.

The other new housemate is an exceptional young male from Kashmir who is a graduate engineer who has decided to study Culinary Arts with the Wellington  Cordon Bleu School. His nick-name is Sonny, he is a very bright 25 yo, and when he comes in on Thursday I then will have a full house negating the need for a BnB.  My ad. is now off the net and I am very happy although the experience was a good one as I learned a lot. Who knows, I may do it again one day given the right circumstances. For the moment though, I am now solvent and happy with the prospect of going to Melbourne next Sunday.

I have arranged to meet my future Kashmiri housemate at Cafe Scopa in Cuba St and arrange his moving details, tenancy agreement etc. Sonny's real name is Vaibhav Vishner, but he has said we can call him 'Sonny', which is his mother's pet name for him.

It is a wet and freezing day so Scopa is warm and inviting. I am here early to get a good table so Sonny can see me on arrival. As he is a trainee chef, enrolled at the French Cordon Bleu School, he may be interested in the food magazine I have bought for him, a NZ speciality, called 'Dish'. It features a lot of warm succulent winter dishes suitable to tempt his palate. When he secures my large front room my month-long search for tenants is over. Let us hope I am not disappointed again, but I think I have earned some success rate at this stage.

A local food magazine for Sonny

The cosy feel of Scopa

Sonny at Scopa

Well as you can see I was not disappointed. On the contrary I am delighted, thrilled and quietly expectant that marvellous things will ensue from my new living arrangement with my three tenants, all very special and exciting in their own way. The Universe has really smiled on me and now it is time for me to give something back. I'm sure I'll be told what it will be. I am very grateful indeed and tonight after swimming I received a lovely hug from Paige before I went around to collect the cash from Sonny for his rent. He was staying at a very modest Air BnB and it is clear he is ready to move  into our wonderful houshold. My home here now feels complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment