Thursday 10 July 2014

Starting again...

Thursday evening in Cafe Scopa, a place to lick my wounds. Battered but not conquered, I survey the wreckage of a week's negotiations in ashes, but a good escape I think. She was never going to be regular in paying the rent, it all sounded to good to be true, and it was just that, not true. I have severed, gracefully I must say, all talks with L about the two rooms and I am back to square one with the small room, putting the large one back on AirBnB, but at a higher price. T. advised me on this and I totally agree that I was undercharging for the quality I was giving. Have lost the Americans in September but so be it, two weeks would have been too much to cope with anyway. Restrict a stay to three days and I am happy, now to get the small room rented to a possible Japanese student, or an Indian Chef, or a nightclub dancer? Who knows what will happen on Saturday when three prospects are coming through to see me and the house. At least Fir may be there to help me decide, but it is D-day, I must take someone this weekend.

Now on to Awhina for ninety minutes discussion, then swimming in Freyberg with 'ze boyz'.
Dusk at Scopa



Is this a wiser man? I hope so.

Having a honey and ginger to soothe my spirits

Teaching new tricks to newbie

1 comment: