Saturday 17 January 2015

Friday on the move


Well things started very quickly this morning. Leaving brother's house at eight am I managed to be at Central  Station to catch the 8.45 to Gosford in record time, but it was not meant to be as in Hornsby we hear a message saying a fatality in Berowra is cancelling all trips to Gosford, so here I am in a Hornsby cafe with a watery coffee doing my blog.

The Westfield Plaza

...sunny, but a bad coffee

Last night was the epic bad movie. A debut director Angelina Jolie showed she has a lot to learn in an action movie based on a true story of survival in the second world war with an imprisoned American pilot captured by the Japanese. But he was very handsome, of course, and also an Olympic long distance running hero. After half an hour I couldn't stomach any more and having seen him run, I did not want to see him tortured in technicolor so I left to go home early and was relieved I had the guts to walk out on a very bad movie.
 One star. Btw it was called 'Unbroken' but I'm afraid it was very 'broken'!

'The Kiss' at Wyoming

At Gosford after a long and tenuous trip I have just had a nice lunch with friend Andrew and Heather...nothing changed in Gosford and they welcomed me home, when I return, that is!

Next stop is a look in at my next home to be, at Wyoming, so a chai latte at Gloria Jeans before Susie comes for a long awaited chat and then we will look at my home. 

Woy Woy Bay is at 5 pm and now tomorrow is also taken care of with Diane ringing for a RV at Hornsby on my way home tomorrow. Life in the fast lane is how I may be leading when I return.

No 42 Taylor Rd

Woy Woy Bay from balcony

Susie kindly drives me to arrive at Malcolm and Dean's fabulous home on the bay, a secret spot on the Brisbane Waters which is slowly being discovered. Malcolm is welcoming as always and takes Susie for a tour of his lovely Artworks and garden. She is suitably impressed. Dean is working late so we will dine at nine, not my favourite time but....I am on holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment