Tuesday 20 January 2015

Maori Theatre - WOW!

Last night was a revelation and stays with me today. 'The Ragged' was not something you just see and forget.
Back at Gotham City

My new app. A translator?



My luck to see...

The Birdman

Well back in Wellie and already an excellent play and very special movie under my belt. Last night at the Cuba Lighthouse  I saw the excellent Michael Keating in a very black comedy set in NYC about a failing actor on stage who has as his nemesis the Birdman character which he played with great success as a young actor. This sometimes present character is constantly talking to him while he is going through multiple problems with his ex-wife and daughter who happens to be having an affair with his very strange co- star. It is a weird romp made by the director of that other interesting film Babel. It is set for awards at the Oscars no doubt, probably with Michael Keating as best actor.

Am back at Memphis where they give me my best coffee, but my favourite barista is not on today so I get second best. Still I like it here, full of retro music and when the sun shines it ia a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment