Monday 5 January 2015

Uber Tuesday

Today is overcast, so lots to do. This is of course, the secret of Wellngton. So many days like this and so many creative things to do. Like have a morning coffee at Gotham lol.

It is quiet here however, the holiday mode is still in evidence, but the coffee is good and the Dom Post talks about Prince Andrew's possible 'indiscretions' with a 17 year old girl. The Royal Family don't need this publicity but it won't go away in a hurry.
The Prince not pleased..

Another world-weary, but happy tramper

Wellington has twenty-four excellent bookshops listed

Am casually looking through bookshops for the rare 'Stand in the Rain' by Jean Watson, I may be lucky, there are just so many great book outlets here in this book-loving city.

All prepared for Friday's Sydney adventure, with Sonny giving me the Uber App for cheaper taxis, also with the first trip a ten dollar discount. I may as well go with the young people, that's why I have them there. Only six more months so make the most of it. 

News from Sydney is sad about friend PK whose sister is to have a mastectomy and is not well prepared for it. We will meet as soon as I arrive in Aydney after the Seminar, there may be something to do there. The rest of my trip will be totally self indulgent with Tosca and Dinner with Willi and friends, so to start with Helen and her cancer is the best way to begin.

More pictures of intrepid older Kiwis and their camper wagons on the road, I wonder if I will ever do this? Perhaps not alone as I am not that intrepid, but with a dog perhaps, one day, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment