Thursday 22 January 2015

Friday on my mind

Summer is still with us so I make the most of it. Great coffee at Memphis Blue where their lack of service gave me a free one next time I come around. At least they were aware that I waited too long and they forgot about me! Such is being old perhaps?

On to BP for a potluck lunch, getting back to my normal routine. A spinach pie which I quickly baked this morning went down well and was rapidly consumed. Everyone is hungry here.

Plans for the year are now taking shape with the Candlelight Memorial being foremost on my list to help as I did last year. The visit of guest speaker Michael Kirby has to be well orchestrated as we are lucky to have him come. The weather will be the other factor to take into consideration as in May who knows what will happen.

Last night after my Thursday night swim at Kilbirnie pool with DSW, I called in to finally see J about plans for the Long Hall Neighbourly meeting on May 28/29.  With some deft input from her we decided an afternoon tea on Sunday 29th from two to five is good, some entertainment thrown in and potluck if they wish but catering also done with our WCC Grant. The presence of a guest speaker such as Gareth Morgan, the well known philanthropist and former owner of Trade Me would also be a huge coup if we could secure him.  With input from the community and suggestions about what they want this meeting could become easily an annual event, or even more often. The Roseneath Community Cafe idea is also still up for discussion and suggestions, as the establishment of  a community owned cafe could  be a groundbreaking initiative if  it went ahead.
At BP with R and Ailua

Back into routine after an excellent coffee at Memphis

Summer at number 42

From our balcony..

Tonight I am off to see at the Cuba Lighthouse the much awaited film, 'Still Alice', with Julianne Moore as an Alzheimers victim. May be tough...

No comments:

Post a Comment