Wednesday 27 January 2016

Petone disappointing

Tuesday January 19

Better weather today after a huge thunderstorm last night. Yesterday on searching through Wellington's excellent secondhand bookstores, Malcolm was very excited to find a first edtion of Thom Gunn, his favourite poet, also finding me a book of gay Kiwi short stories which I had already read but it is a welcome gift for my shelves to re-read at my leisure. He was also quite chuffed to find two NZ books on Kiwis in the war which he sent to his uncle in London. 

He is smiling and more relaxed and after last night's singing at Tiwhanawhana is unfolding a little more, so the Wellington therapy is working. He is discovering how different my life is from his, and how I am already established in this wonderful city after only two years.
Sketching at the Memphis

Groovers jiving at Memphis.

Still in the news...

Today is Malcom's trip to the Petone strip of Opp Shops. It is a twenty minute bus ride and it is his real passion for finding treasures. Let's hope he returns again with a smile on his face. Tonight will be a quiet night at home. He has been an excellent and thoughtful guest, always buying me stuff and very attentive to the housemates' space. However I may find some way to compensate them for having him here as a guest, albeit a paying one!

More groovers...

No comments:

Post a Comment