Sunday 3 April 2016

Monday with Julian

American-bornJulian Vail, my young tenant-to-be, arrives right on time at ten o'clock and both Gloria and Anita are there too have a chat with him. He manages quite well and we exchange tenancy agreements and book next Sunday arvo for his move. Brittany, his girl friend, will help him so I will have the pleasure of meeting her too. I am sure he will be an excellent young tenant, I feel very lucky.
Julian, another even younger one, made the front page of the Dom Post and I am not surprised.
The rock concert of local idols was on Page 3, shown to be not washed out too much at all.
Jane Bowron actually says it, that in general Kiwis have an ingrained cultural pessimism...they say 'sorry' for just being there sometimes. She calls for for more active police and the inclusion of citizen arrest. Not a bad idea in this under-policed country.
Kiwi Lord Rutherford was one of these near-mad genii!
And Edo De Waart made news as well with his fabulous Mahler Third Symphony with the NZSO. I am so glad I went.
This is true as in Wellington there is an inimitable sense of great male style and you see it in the streets everyday. This high fashion men's shop is equal to any in New York they say, and it is surely true.


No comments:

Post a Comment