Monday 25 April 2016

Sunny Melbourne!

Up and about with a train to Flagstaff gardens for my first coffee and it is a good one as we discussed different styles with the barista. The long Machiato is just what I wanted as they put more than average milk.
Now to plan the next four days in marvellous Melbourne ....
Excellent coffee with The Age
Frances Café on Franklin for a great coffee in Melbourne
...opposite the great Victoria Markets!
Inge King fabled sculptor in steel dies at 100!
Great new Vegan resto in Brunswick am going on Thursday!
Aussie Rules reigns.....
A play to see tonight....at MTC

So on to travelling the trams and buses in Melbourne. The weather is sublime and I am so lucky. I make a rendezvous to see Hazel and Pawel, and so all is locked in for the next four days. I leave a scrawled message in T's letter box which will hopefully find her at home tonight. I am really hoping she is in Melbourne so we can catch up on Friday afternoon.

To get my DVD copied I decide to go to Arts Access in South Melbourne where I meet with Nikki the Arts administrator. She seems excited to hear about the documentary, and I offer to leave it with her till Friday when I will pick it up. I am hoping she may copy it and keep one for their festival called 'The Other' Film Festival which is coming up up in September this year. It may well be the reason for my next visit to Melbourne.

And now I seek refuge in South Melbourne Library as it is tiring travelling in big cities.
Above is the gallery invitation to Pietro Capogreco's exhibition.. Co-incidentally I passed by Florentino's in Bourke Street this morning where I caught sight of him outside with a friend, drinking champagne of course. Pietro was an old friend thirty-five years ago but has changed so little we recognised each other easily and he gave me this invitation. Hazel knows him so she may even attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment