Monday 25 April 2016

On Retreat at Camp Seed

Arrived safely after a beautiful drive up the Sunraysia Highway. Memories flooded back from over thirty years ago when twice I have travelled this same highway. Once with my old Merc 220SE driving my one-time fiancĂ©e up to meet her mother, and once more on my Kawasaki motorcycle to partake in another sort of retreat, this time a mad bikers's campaway at Trentham. The difference between these two adventures and this weekend are so marked it beggars description. 

The weather is perfect at Camp Seed and the thirty odd members of Eckankar are coming from many parts of Australia but I am the only member from 'overseas'. We get together for a first meal of 'spag bol' and it reminds me I ought to make this a vegetarian weekend if possible.

Arash (the Archer) and his wife Rahi who is making the first fire of the retreat. There are twelve beautiful Iranians on this camp!

Iffe and Jessie, both from Nigeria
Eshan from Iran

Faro inspecting the fire...

Somy and Rahi. Somy and husband Amir were two of the organisers 

Jessie having fun...

One of our afternoon workshops....
Looking through the window to heaven...with Maisie walking into the woods....

No comments:

Post a Comment