Saturday 28 January 2017

Mana on Sunday

Am at Café Mana to put up the poster for The Laramie Project which takes place in a fortnight. Let's hope its get a good attendance as it certainly is worth listening to. The message is strong and vivid, stop judging others for their sexual preferences and just for being different, as we are all 'different' in our own ways. This powerful message comes across loud and clear in Laramie although it can be a sometimes painful experience but a necessary one for many.
This is not reflective of the very busy café on Sunday morning, where I am having an extended breakfast and catching up on my facebook friends in New Zealand. Each time I read their Kiwi posts I get a very nostalgic feeling indeed as I left such good friendships there.
Sunday Telegraph with nothing much to say...
The friendship of the brothers will be shown again tonight in the Australian Open final. Who will win?  it is a very close encounter.

This is the Laramie poster. The project is a work of love and dedication put on by director Jess Alex. She is such a great woman.

I have often spoken of seaweed and how I love it and then I always forget to keep it in my pantry. Itis one of my must-haves, certainly essential for Miso soup in winter, but I must get used to using it in summer as well. Jamie Oliver spruiks it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment