Monday 6 October 2014

Another sunny day, beautiful in Newtown

Am off to get a new Blender from Briscoes, but first check out the Sallies in Newtown as sometimes they have old but good ones. A quick coffee and pain au chocolat at the bus stop cafe, quite good really, then back to town.
A nice pain au chocolat in the sun....
The cafe owner having his gasper outside his tiny but good cafe, right on the bus stop.
Found this iconic biography in the second hand shop. The Korda family predates my experience in London just a tad, but I did dine once at her Hamstead residence, with the delightful last mistress of Vincent Korda, so I do have a small connection with this amazing, achieving and driven, Hungarian cinema dynasty. It should be a great read.

Also I picked up a bright red blender, and to satisfy my urge for red, I found a bright red summer Fedora to wear to Sydney. So today was my 'Red Day'. Oh, I fogot, I found a small compost bin to satisfy, finally, my urge not to waste 'waste', but also eventually to grow some tomatoes, one day. I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment