Tuesday 21 October 2014

ECK New Year

It is October 22 and I am in town to get ingredients for the orange cake to bake for tonight's ECK celebration at Flashdog Studios.
Jimmy's Cafe

The day is beautiful and yesterday was also, where I made a 'chance encounter' at the Roseneath Bus stop. Looking into the deserted Cafe Deli at the Roseneath shops, I stopped  to speak to two women, one  of whom then invited me to come for a walk to look at somewhere special. She, Jennifer, I later discovered, is a practicing dancer and teacher of Baroque Dance and has the operation of the The Long Hall, right on the peak of Point Germanstan, overlooking the bay and Cook Straits,absolutely unbeatable views. Formerly the Returned Soldiers' Club premises, whoah, it reverted to her  responsibility to restore when they have all but departed.

We spoke for half an hour or so, she says she wants to bring her two friends to learn French and also has a conversation for French lovers on Thursday to which she invited me. I said I would pick her up and go this Thursday, tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out. She is a very active, and even hyperactive widow, and lives just up the road in Maida Vale Road and is looking for stimulating company it seems. We share some dance background, she is a great fan of Graeme Murphy and seems quite a special person, that is if I can cope with her unbounded energy. I'll have to be careful as she could be a powerful energy to deal with.

Tonight is our Ocrober 22 celebration at the Flashdog studios and I am about to go home to bake my orange cake. Jimmy's cafe has been a light respite before I get home to bake. The weather is sublime btw, when Wellington really shines. People are now starting to pretend it is summer and wearing flip- flops and shorts, but not me, not by a long shot. Wrote a quick birthday card for Jeannies' birthday next week and then back home.
Btw, the new ED for BP has been appointed, without my knowledge I must say, so there are some questions to be asked there. I'll have to be very diplomatic, but strong. Why wasn't I brought into the loop, I may well ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment