Monday 9 November 2015

Interview for room.

Today is first opportunity to fill one of my rooms. Niki has applied then changed her mind. This is what happens when searching for someone, especially at this risky time of the year nearing Christmas. Niki is now coming to see the front room on Thursday. We'll see, I have no expectations.
Alcohol is a big problem with youth here...

Memphis getting warmer...

Lukewarm review of great production.

Whereas Evita was praised!

Am back to relook at my options. It won't be easy but I must keep cool and confident, my home is a great place to live in and the first to see will realise this I am sure.

Tonight I am going to see the biopic of 'Pina' by Wim Wenders, a great film I hear about the genius of late German choreographer Pina Bausch, whose innovative modern dance approach affected so many in the world of dance. Should be interesting.

Have arrived in time to get a good seat at the one-off showing at the NZ Festival of  'Pina', award winning documentary about legendary dancer/choreographer Pina Bausch. The Embassy Theatre will be packed solid with dance fans as Wellington is doubtless one of the most dance-crazy cities in the world.I have now changed places as there are no more seats to be had and the buzz is evident in the foyer.

Well just out of the Pinamovie in 3D by Wim Wenders.
Pina Bausch died just days before Wim Wenders was to shoot this doco but he went ahead anyway, and it is nothing short of fantastic. As well as showing the genius of Pina, it shows what a great director he is, which we knew already, but this is just a solid confirmation. I look forward all the more now to see Pina's Company dance her Choreography next March for their one night in New Zealand. It will be   marvellous and happily I have a good dress circle seat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment