Wednesday 25 November 2015

Will Thursday be good?

Last night was a bit traumatic, as well as very interesting. My housemate-to-be was supposed to have made a bank deposit to secure the room but on non-receipt of it I discovered she may well be a bit impecunious which created a somewhat sinking feeling as payment of rent is the most important part of having a reliable housemate. She has since said it was an oversight and made arrangements for a coffee today at Memphis to talk. As the French say, 'on va voir...
The good part of last nightat the Penthouse Cinema at Brooklyn, where a twelve minute documentary was shown about an amazing ceramic artist/sculptor, Robert Rapson. The film was made by Leonardo Guerchman, a friend from swimming and it was the subject of his special naive sort of art which was fascinating. I would like to own one.

The evening at the Penthouse also showed the French movie 'The Belier Family', a feel-good comedy about a deaf farming family with one hearing daughter. I soon realised I had seen it before but it was so good I enjoyed it even more the second time. Arts Access who sponsored the evening as a fund- raiser also auctioned some art works which raised some much needed money. I am now wondering if the showing of 'Theorem' could be used to the same effect.

Some Rapson ceramics, or scupltures?

A ship...

...bsed on these?

The Museum Art Hotel's origins as it was being gently carried across the road to make way for the building of Te Papa. The owner bought it for a dollar and paid for the move, very successful btw. It is now one of the smartest and most popular hotels in Wellington. I would love to stay a night or two there one day. Who knows?

Arts Accessdoing its stuff well. 

Just back from seeing Richard Benge at Arts Access and we will get together in the New Year, he is away soon and back in January. Also good news Niki is here and moving in on Sunday...both rooms I just Spring-cleaned, and on Niki's request I took down all my pictures which are now in the 'salon'. Nice renewal, but no news yet from Marty the Czech chef about the little Flower Room. Patience is my biggest lesson these days.

The day is wild with wind and my swimming tonight at Kilbirnie will be very welcome. Tom has invited me to go with him for a morning in Martinborough tomorrow in the Wairarapa while he does a job. Should be nice to get away.  Then comes the weekend and I'm practically in Melbourne! 

No comments:

Post a Comment