Monday 2 November 2015

Melbourne Cup Day

It a wild and windy Wellington day and one the Cup would relish. I wonder whether a kiwi will win this year, as I haven't been following it at all. Always put a bet or two on so will have to examine the form guide today and go to TAB.
The first Tuesday in November is one I never foget and it always makes me nostalgic for good old Aussie.
Red Cadeaux is certainly a goer and worth an each way bet.
Kiwi horses always ready....

Three times second place!

This multi national just as crooked as all the otherswhen will everyone realise how the few rule the many?

Worthy of a Knight?

Ellen Page the lesbian pin-up girl

Another disaster possibly from a bomb?

Two Memphis cool dudes

Am off to Ron's for a viewing of the Cup this afternoon at four. This is one time the two hour time gap is in our favour as everyone will be done with work and the city will close at five, the time of the race.

Am considering the landlord's request to up our rent - was not too surprised but he was so polite in asking me I nearly felt guilty when I said I would consider it. I think I will bargain a little with him, he is an Indian after all and used to that sort of thing. And I am really a good tenant and he knows this.

Well four random bets later and I lose all my money - but the first woman jockey wins the Cup so I am not so disappointed after all. Prince of Penzance, Kiwi bred, Aussie trained and owned, gloriously kills the field and the Payne family, jockey Michelle, and strapper, her young Down Syndrome brother, are jubilant. Certainly a vote for the minority groups here!

This grislyfilm then seduced me at the Cuba Lighthouse. Michael Shannon was excellent as the monstrous money obsessed agent of the immoral banks in the mid-West of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment