Sunday 22 November 2015

Summer day in Wellie at 17 degrees

Last night Jennifer's thirty plus forty party at the Long Hall was excellent and I took Niki who loved every minute of it. She is gregarious and the people were very friendly of course. She may have even met someone for her Art class there, a text this morning confirmed this. Today's sunshine, although only seventeen degrees, is warm and beautiful and may be just the day for me to succeed in getting my second housemate Cate who is coming at four o'clock to see the room. Hopefully the sun will be still shining.
On the Quay at Chaffers

Young barista...

Helicopter crash with six perished...at Fox Glacier. 

Still page one about HIV...will people ever learn, there is still much ignorance around.

Jennifer with her daughters and grandkidslistening to the specially composed Tribute Song to Jennifer, sung by three very good voices. It was a fitting  tribute to J's many accomplishments and talents.

Me with my asparagus fern hat enjoying the party.

Lydia Ko's rather obscene earningsbut she does work hard!

Red Cadeauxput down after the Melbourne Cup makes me back off racing and especially this gruelling race. This wonderful horse worked to death deprived of a gentle old age on pasture. My last Cup festivities I feel!

Well as I feared the applicant for the room was not suitable although vaguely interested. She was a nurse in mental health and I think is better somewhere else. It would be best for a younger man I think.

Did I mention that Body Positive Board was dismissed by eighty votes to thirty-seven? Enormous defeat for the Chair which will bring big and better changes to B.P. I am now not sure if I should stand for election to the Board as I did play a role in this demise but perhaps my job is over now. However it does place me in a new situation as I lobbied hard and long for its dismissal. If Bruce, the former ED accepts the Chairman's job, it will be a new ball-game. The next plan is to get the present ED to resign. He lost me with his changing the locks of the office on its closure. He does not deserve the job I believe. If he goes too, then I may reconsider all my plans to leave Wellington.

No comments:

Post a Comment