Saturday 28 November 2015

Niki's Move-in

Sunday on the wharf but not at my regular cafe, it appeared wrong today so am at Café Chalk, where the view is fabulous but the coffee not so terrific. Ooh well you can't have everything. Just spoke to the  landlord  and the kitchen  floor is being installed Tuesday when I leave for Melbourne, must warn the others it will be a whole day's work I'm afraid.

Am still thinking of the amazing Black Grace dance group of last night. I would change their name to Black Magic, they are that sort of group, just magical.

Am cooking a rare roast chicken today to welcome Niki who moves in about midday. Hope I can still do a good chook! Just tomorrow and then off to Melbourne. It's scary how time flies in Wellington. I have so much to do there, especially to see Maisie and get together with the Theorem people to retrieve an original copy of the documentary to show Richard in January. The one I have is slightly soiled and not totally presentable, although it would pass at a pinch!


The view from Chalk...


Chalk inside...

McCullum showing  just how good is he on the fieldthrowing a ball from the ground to hit the wicket!

The Grande Dame Malvina Major is retiring,I'm sorry I missed hearing her, live.

Christchuchreturning.

With style and Art I can't wait to go back one day.

Am home, lunch is ready at one o'clock when Niki was due, 12.30 actually. Just received a text, she is  arriving more like three o'clock with a lot more stuff than she had thought. Should I be surprised? No, not at all, just lucky I have turned off the chook and it can rest for an hour or two now till she comes. In the meantime I have ironed my shirts and packed them for the big  trip on Tuesday. I like to be well ready for this one, although my plane departs at 4.45 in the afternoon. 

With the news of the kitchen where Mr Patel told me they will here on Tuesday as they had a cancellation there is a Spiritual principle at work: I surrendered my will to whenever, even after Christmas, and I have it done now next week. Thank you Mahanta, my guide in these tricky matters of the lower worlds.

It is such a beautiful day Alice is sunning herself on the balcony and the bay is deleriously beautiful. Wellington on a good day is nearly unbeatable, as although Syney rivals it in water beauty, it also has a near intolerable humidity to go with it in summer. How lucky are we here!


In the sun...

Too hot outside!

Well Niki is successfully moved in and seems to be fitting in perfectly well. She is a lovely person andit will be a very interesting trip to get to know her over a longer period of time. She loves Mou Mou too.

No comments:

Post a Comment