Saturday 13 September 2014

Big Scottish Dance at Lower Hutt

It is the beginning of a very big day for me in Lower Hutt. I have two visits there, the second being for the 60th Scottish Country dance at High Street and the first for my WelMac meeting at a private home in Epuni St. I am on my way there and just had time for a quick coffee at a local cafe nearby called Abode. Have packed my IMac in car with all accessories and hope to find some answers to my many problems...hopefully!

Cafe Abode in Lower Hutt.

Well the Mac meeting was quite OK in a lovely private home of elderly Mac enthusiasts. They were extremely nice hosts and David tried hard to help me  but my problems were beyond him too. He diagnosed a faulty backup drive - have to buy a new one for over $100! And he could not delete old Aussie server as I need to upgrade my IOS to Maverick, at least that's free. Rex and Robyn were very nice hosts and gave us a nice afternoon tea as well.
Home for a nap before returning for the big Lower Hutt 60th Anniversary Dance.

The dance turned out to be very enjoyable indeed and I met the Scottish musicians Marian and Max who were marvellously talented and delightful. Will try and download some photos when I get the gadget from David at next meeting.
All in all it was a fabulous night of dance and good company -  not a tiny bit disappointing and lovely friendly people. Home after midnight and heard the news that the All Blacks narrowly defeated rhe Springboks in an exciting and historic match at Westpac Stadium. The Kiwis no doubt are jubilant.
Ooh, did I mention I met an interesting, somewhat weird, man at the dance, a farmer from Carterton in the Wairarapa.

No comments:

Post a Comment