Thursday 25 September 2014

Maranui Surf Lifesaving Club

Tom came by to take me for a coffee, in lieu of my taking him to a movie of which more later.
The cafe he decided upon was the much lauded Maranui on Lyall Bay beach, the venue of the eponymous surf lifesaving club. It certainly lived up to expectations, great looking food, (I only had a coffee, strong but hot) but I will come back, but not possibly on weekends when the queue stretches out the door for metres.

 It was typical artistic and understated Kiwi with excellent service, and of course very full, even on a weekday. We were lucky to get a table as there were some who walked away I noticed. I took some snaps of their Maranui SLSC on the way down the steep steps, not at all wheelchair accessible, which gave me some nostalgic memories of my time in Terrigal SLSC. Nice memories those, of the NSW Central Coast.


Our  neighbours....
..even a singleton.
Inquisitive looking out....
..at the windy, wonderfu  bay views.

No comments:

Post a Comment