Monday 29 September 2014

My Mac Class

After discovering I had a Mac guru at home in the form of Sonny from Kashmir, who, it appears, was born with a computer as  a pacifier, I realised I really have not much need for my Mac group, but I feel strangely protective twards them.  Sonny has actually done in a quick time all the things my Mac class was not able to achieve in quite a few lessons. But anyway I am off to class as today we are to hear about the latest iPhone, the i6 model.

1.Good suggestion came up of getting a very 'hard to hack' password, I am now thinking of changing mine to something long and simple, like 'Ralph No 1 was my best friend ever'

2. Go to Edit, substitutions, ie omw on my way Go to text replacements another idea?

During supper I arranged lunch tomorrow  with David to pick up Apple connection we had discussed. He offered it at a cheap price so I said OK, will pay him more anyway but still cheaper. Easy peasy meeting as I have Dr.'s appt at 2.30 so a RV at 1pm at Willis St Cafe is perfect.

Also discovered new website for NZ historical documentaries at ScreenNZ.co.nz...certainly worth a look.
More suggestions....
Settings General Battery Usage check.....
You can turn off the predictive text
New apps 😊😊😊  swype for fast typing
Settings General keyboard allow swype keyboard allow full access
Swift key is a freebie but wants access to everything

Finished a bit late at 9.30pm but glad I went, my first real activity after my weekend in bed. 
Oh, did I mention I had a final massage at BP this morning, and the massage bed broke under the severe pummelling and I crashed to the floor. My last massage there I suspect! I wonder if it is an omen??




Our teacher David's screen up large..
Settling in...
Teacher and guru David at top of class..

No comments:

Post a Comment