Sunday 13 April 2014

Arrival in Vancouver

After fifteen hours over the Pacific Ocean we are here at Vancouver on transfer to Toronto. It's still Sunday, but 7.30 am and we are boarding the same plane after passing through Canadian Customs, no hassle there. Now a domestic flight, nothing free on this one, to Toronto. The snow covered peaks are in the distance just to reassure me I am in Canada, and it's only the beginning of Spring.
Lining up to board...
Waiting patiently...
...looking at the distant peaks.

The Frenchness is very evident everywhere and it seems an equal language, with many speaking French waiting for the Toronto flight.  I don't feel too tired although I had no more than five minutes sleep on the long haul. A quick wash and shave in the airport gents has made me feel better, not risking a cramped loo in this domestic plane. Back in same plane but with different feel as I am now with the locals doing a return trip to Toronto probably, or just visiting the biggest Canadian city for business. Have same seat and one same neighbour, the young French Canadian girl having left her seat for a very busy businessman and his very large folder. At least he's not using his laptop, yet anyway. So far it is neatly organised and all under tight control. It's twelve degrees in Toronto so I am happy I have brought some warm clothes after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment