Friday 11 April 2014

Sydney morning at Circular Quay

Well arriving three hours late at Sydney Airport last night was not a problem. I swept quickly through the customs and my sent bag was practically first on the carousel, a good start.

It was humid and raining at the airport and bro came out to pick me up, having just escaped not one but two near accidents en route. He has a new car and feels unused to it but it was the dark and wet  conditions with aggressive Sydney drivers which were the problem. Thank goodness for quieter Wellington.

The next day, not to be wasted, dawned fine and somewhat sunny, and of course quite hot compared with Kiwi weather. After a chat with bro's two cycling mates who then set off on their weekly twenty K bike ride, (they seemed somewhat reluctant to leave), I decide to invite another family friend to the lunch bro has suggested for tomorrow, this way I will visit Bondi Junction for shopping and pick her and other brother up to bring back for lunch. All quickly done with an email.

A quick bus trip to my favourite place in Sydney, Circular Quay, to visit the Museum of  Contemporary Art, recently totally refurbished and a place I have been waiting to visit for a long time. It is also Sydney Biennale so there is lots to see, also for the thousands of tourists disembarking from the Celebrity Solstice berthed at the terminal. This view of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House must be unrivalled in the world. But before I attack the three floors of the Museum I need a coffee fix as I hadn't had one in Matraville. On the roof-top terrace is a modern smart cafe, and I ask for a strong flat white, just in case, and it comes very strong indeed, enough to set me up for the day ahead.
The Cruise ship just hiding the Opera House

View from MCA cafe on the roof


Even texting at their age!

Poached egg with shrimp for an early lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment