Friday 25 April 2014

Stanley Park

The last day in Vancouver before my jaunt to the country in Surrey is warm and sunny but with a chilly breeze  so it is perfect weather to take in the fresh air of beautiful Stanley Park which is only five minutes away at the bottom of Davie Street. The park itself is huge, needing quite a few hours to walk through  but as I am dancing tonight I will save some energy for that. All the same the entry and taster to this famous park is very tempting, more to do in next visit perhaps.

I stop for a cappuccino at the kiosk and the many families around are tranquil. It is typical of a trouble free Vancouver, at least on the outside. The coffee is OK, and the hamburger I snack with, is passable. Tonight I am eating oysters with Dylan and girlfriend at Rodney's Oyster Bar so I will look forward to that. My few days in the city have been very pleasant, no dramas with some nice things happening - it is certainly a city worth coming back to, if only as a kick-off for the more esoteric locations on Vancouver Island which I couldn't make this time. I'm sure they are marvellous, especially the small southern  islands where the whale watching happens.

Stanley Park Kiosk

Street vendors
Close to Davie Street
Being embraced by a laughing man, below...
Lots of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment