Wednesday 16 April 2014

Chanhassen Inn

Second day in the US and I arrived yesterday at Chanhassen for the beginning of the ECK Springtime Seminar. 

Yesterday D and I had a nice lunch at a restaurant overlooking the river that divides St Paul and Minneapolis in a suburb called Hudson. The meal was OK in a American sort of way - French onion soup with a cement layer of provolone cheese melted on top providing a near impenetrable barrier to the onions below. Then a beer-battered local fish called Walleye which had little flavour and of course no bones. I wonder if any fish in the US of A have bones??  After lunch D drove me kindly to the Chanhassen Inn where I am staying for two nights with M, in photo at breakfast.  M hurt his neck on the flight from Tokyo and here is having a neck treatment by a kindly ECKist who says she knows what's wrong. We may meet a lot like her in the next few days.

We already had a round-table discussion at the ECK Temple last night which was good fun and very friendly. Perhaps another one tonight as well before we move into Minneapolis City for the Seminar to start properly on Thursday. I am still getting over jet lag as my body clock is not yet completely adjusted, but all will be well.

Colourful Murali...
In breakfast foyer...
Having a much needed neck massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment