Tuesday 29 April 2014

Morning at the Junction

After a really good night's sleep I feel refreshed and as though I haven't done a fifteen hour flight at all. I have decided it is the direction that makes the difference. Flying East to West, losing a day, is the way to go. There is no doubt my next rip to Canada will be via Europe, one way or another, perhaps even via Moscow!

At the bus stop on Bronte  Road, a hub of All Nations.
Waiting...
Not for long.

Excellent coffee and ham'n cheese croissant at Bondi Junction for only $6.50!
I have come half way back abound the world to get a good coffee and it is in Bondi Jn. Glad to see there is a good coffee culture here. Am still on my travels although slowly but surely the delightful Wellington is creeping upon me and I am so much looking forward to being home and doing all the things I have got used to doing, including swimming and learning Maori, in which I am sure to have fallen greatly behind. 

Today is happening a family lunch, M. cooking fish again, with brother Peter and friend Annie whom I am now collecting at Bondi Jn. She has just lost her beloved pussy cat and is in a sad state of bereavement. I wonder how she'll be? I am supplying dessert, a French patisserie from a local cake shop and later it is a big family Skype to Perth to talk to sister who loves the family to 'get together', something which I am well aware of and which needs to be facilitated occasionally to keep her happy. I am scheduled to fly to Perth for a pilgrimage later this year to fulfil those family duties.

My thoughts about my two weeks in America have not yet fully jelled, but I knew there would be changes afoot and I have been given a big green light for a possible extended stay in Canada, Vancouver to be exact. It is close to the hub of Seattle, has so much to offer, and I already have planted some seeds for staying there. Possibly after one or two more visits it will be time, in about 2017 I would surmise, when I will have my seventy-second birthday, still not too old for change! I now have lots to plan for, but still much to achieve in Wellington before leaving that wonderful country.

A very busy bus stop on Bronte Rd, a place where one day I could see myself 'retired', if that is at all possible.

Relaxing with electronics at David Jones' Food Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment