Wednesday 26 November 2014

Dance extraordinaire



 Last night at Te Whaea, the New Zealand Dance School, it was the Graduation Season finale, and what a show it was. About twenty supremely talented and super well trained dancers strutted their stuff, using both local and overseas choreography. It was a dance spectacle I haven't seen in a long time, made all the more poignant as we were sitting right on the stage and felt that we were a part of the show. Really, really fabulous and of course J who used to teach dance there knew everyone and I was  introduced  to the school's head an Englishman called Trinder. All in all it was a great night of dance reminding me vividly of when I worked with the Sydney Dance Company thirty-four years ago, where Graeme Murphy had the same passion.
Great young ballet dancers...
So next day I am waiting for Danny, my hair cutter, and decided to have a quick coffee at Plums, and they are playing the Beatles. Such nostalgia everywhere in this amazingly friendly city... Awrrgh! Do I have to leave....Yes!

At Plums, a good barista.....

The Kiwi fashion mag for men 
City Library Cafe, below
The Pope declaims on the woes of a Philistine Europe...
After a quick haircut wirh Danny I am off to the City Library to meet with Beth. A big Post Mortem about her 70th birthday party and perhaps to plan for another one on Dec 20 at her friend Johnny's at Waikanae. Long talk, very interesting, she knows of course, J.  We finish, me to write a birthday card to Douglas in San Francisco and she on to her next meeting. She is forever active.
 Also to read today's Dom Post where there is more news of corrupt local politics. So what's new? 

No comments:

Post a Comment