Tuesday 11 November 2014

Memphis Belle

Sunny morn makes for a city coffee stop at my newest haunt - there are just so many of them - but the Memphis  has taken my interest at the moment, in spite of the heavy rap music they play sometimes. But it gets the morning sun, is bright and cheery and certainly serves excellent tasting coffee, their buns aren't bad either, and the service is good, yourself! 

Great long black...

Lining up for their hit....

...Courtenay Place active outside

Total Kiwi bungling at airport...

Today the truth comes out about the fiasco at Auckland airport where a convicted paedophile was allowed to escape the country to Chile and now Rio on another passport. No record was made of his  whereabouts after a 72 hour leave was granted, during which time he got a new passport, legally it seems, and just escaped. A convicted murderer and paedophile, he is now now free to roam around the world, at least in South America. The Kiwi legal organisation shows a lot wanting in this area of passports and lax laws. But it's just another example of the amazing anomalies that exist in this far-flung country. It's great at doing burlesque, by the way, and brewing designer beer! See below...

Kiwi success story....

Good reading at Memphis

Today is my last Scottish Country Dance for the year, and they ask to bring a plate, so later I will prepare something special. It won't be a great hole in my life when I do leave this group as they are not the most welcoming, just a wee bit Scottish, in their ways. And the big sports news, for me anyway, is that the Kiwis are playing the Kangaroos at Westpac stadium this Saturday. It will be a game I won't miss as it is a sweet souvenir of the same game I saw in Auckland at Eden Park eight years ago. Australia lost that time, I wonder how they'll go this time when I will stand to sing our National Anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment