Friday 28 November 2014

Zaida's on sunny Saturday

Am away early today, leaving the bass guitarist to practise at home. I have to collect my new substitute phone made connected, I hope, for me by Jimmy at Pand B. Will later have coffee with Tom if is he is free, perhaps at Greta Cafe on Evans Bay. Have to put faulty phone behind me, but you do get dependant on communications! Here at Cafe Z it is all abuzz, and there are many families breakfasting in this very European feel cafe.


Families at breakfast...
Families on the wall....
Gay ex-priest an exemplar of social conscience

The boot industry alive and flourishing in NZ

Sacred Heart Cathedral

Where I heard the amazing Tudor Consort

Well coffee with Tom was at Elements, the soon-to-be voted Best Cafe in Wellington - it was very nice indeed and certainly worth a return visit for a meal one day. After a quick visit to Newtown markets to get some  fresh vegies and some snapper, I returned home to cook and rest before a concert tonight at the Catholic Cathedral. It was mainly Bach, beautifully sung by very talented twenty something year olds. The choral scene in Wellington has to be one of, if not the best, in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment