Sunday 2 November 2014

Last post in Gotham

Today was just another Monday, the plumbers arrived trying to find the ever elusive crack in the pipes under our house, it is their fourth day at doing this and I wonder if they will ever find it.
The three housemates are all absent, the kitchen a battleground after last night K preparing all his meals for the week, or so he said. But that's the cost of having a house full of twenty somethings, you have to give in, or give up. 

It will be nothing compared to the four day Hui I am going to in Hamilton this weekend which will be quite a testing ground. The Maori hospitality is legendary, but so are their customs, which are quite strange to the uninitiated. I have experienced a Marae, so I know what to expect, but with one hundred other Takatapui there it will be novel, to say the least. 

Tomorrow is Melbourne Cup Day, a favourite day of mine which I don't ever wish to miss, at least to be able to watch the race on the small screen. No doubt I'll find a place somewhere, knowing the penchant for Kiwis to love their horses, and gambling.

Btw, the Gotham coffee to day was less than exciting, I'll give it just one more chance, they never give me a really hot coffee. Also as I was in bed this morning I have finally given up my attachment to Bella and so when the time comes I will find the right person to look after her. It will be someone's gift from me, and back in OZ there is another super car waiting for me, perhaps even a Kombi camper van! Who knows, it is one car I have never had. Or a Renault Megane!


Dan Carter All Black star scoring in Chicago..they won by sixty points!

Gotham just not getting it?..

No comments:

Post a Comment