Monday 12 October 2015

Bad news from Auckland

Yesterday, or was it Sunday, Pam rang from Auckland to say that Phillip, her partner for the past many years, had passed away prematurely from the cancer he was fighting. He just gave up it seems. She was quite distraught and invited me up for the funeral which is tomorrow. Although it would lovely to be there to support her Philip has left a big mess behind with two unmarried women, and a daughter in Brisbane and her mother our for the kill. I.E. to make money out of Philip's undoubted fortune. At least a million or so dollars.

Pam is just crying and has her best friend Ellie there to help. I don't think there is much I could do so I may go up to see her in a few weeks when the dust has settled. The violent winds today don't help much in decision making although I did find out about the overnight bus trip where you can sleep. This is still an option.
New Zealand slow to act with medicinal cannibis

The Vatican being homophobic!

Barack losing a daughter to Uni.

The big one coming up..

But they will win, the ABs I mean!

Well a day makes a difference, I went to see Daniel, Pam's old flatmate and the boyfriend of Ellie. He told me about the funeral and I decided I would go. Pam also texted me the details so that's all I needed. On to the InterNet and a return booking on the Intercity coach for about ninety dollars, one way with a bed! I'll come back during the day on Thursday so I can stay one night with Pam, that should be enough as she will be very tired I am sure. I ring her and she is happy I am coming, I may even  speak at the ceremony. She will have l it according to Philip's wishes and not to the wishes of his Indian Family with whom he has been estranged for a dozen or so years. But they will doubtless be there, along with the mother of his daughter.

So much preparation  to do at home, including the hanging of the raspberry curtains in silk shantung that Tom kindly passed on to me. They look ab fab and brighten my room, already bright, with a lovely red hue. I am lucky u have a generous friend like Tom.

Will take the 24 bus to the station and then straight to Auckland, over eleven hours trip with  a few stops no doubt. But a valium should help...

A quick cancellation of my activities in Wellington  but all is well, people know these things happen, especially Kiwis, in time of loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment