Monday 26 October 2015

With Pam at Memphis

Have made final rv with Pam at the Memphis today. The weather has gone back to windy and cold, what can you say, you can never predict it!
I had a wonderful weekend and and now must settle back to my regular state. I am wondering what there is more for me to do here?

This 1.5 million dollarpurchase is excellent -half the annual spending budget!

The story which embarrassed Kincumber

Sonny Bill showing style

Dawn French smiling wide

Eating banana skins..would you believe?

Well Pam arrived early and a bit later Tom appeared, which was excellent as I had spoken about them to each respectively. We spoke at length about Pam's inheritance, or not, and what she should do. Tom had some good insights from past experience and Pam was eager to learn, but how she registers this information in the future is not sure. She then told me after Tom had left that her iMac pro had crashed about the time of Philip's death, and she had lost everything; a new one would cost $1500. Why did it crash I asked? Don't know, I hadn't been upgrading, she said. Well that is the reason for the crash, Pam has a blind spot when it comes to technology and just doesn't want to know about it. Philip was not much better it seems.

She wanted to take me to lunch, but no I must go home, so she gave me three more French pastries from the best shop in town, Moore Wilsons, and she left me, she one way, me another.  I wish her the best, but I'm afraid there will be be few problems to resolve if she doesn't organise herself better. She is such a child sometimes as her dear father will attest to, although she will be the last to admit it.

Home to update my computer now as I don't want the pot calling the kettle black! And I may even catch the latest Marlon Brando documentary at the Paramount tonight, I need a good movie fix.

Brando...what more can you say. This was a brilliant doco movie about about a brilliant and mesmerising personality. Troubled upbringing, fabulous looks, outstanding  natural talent nurtured by the legendary Stella Adler in New York, this is a definitive rendition of Marlon Brando and makes you want to go out and see (nearly) all of his movies again. Certainly 'The Wild One' and 'On the Waterfront', both immense acting portrayals and award winning movies. Possibly even 'The Godfather' and 'Last Tango'!

No comments:

Post a Comment