Tuesday 20 October 2015

Toastmasters - a start!

I have arranged to meet Pam for a coffee today at the Memphis to see how things are going. She says that she has finally contacted Philip's solicitor. I am hoping he is honest and will put her in the right direction. She has to be be free of emotions now which is hard for her as she is totally ruled by her heart.

Jubilation about the the Southern hemisphere ruling the rugby fields, as there is no northern team in the semifinals.. I am tipping an upset from Argentina to meet the All Blacks in a thrilling final in two weeks at Twickenham.

Serena admiring our new curtains...

Justin Trudeau the new Canada PMousting the Conservative Harper after four terms.

A different ploygetting back a kiwi to play for his country

Memphis in the sun

At midday today I am off to witness, and perhaps speak, at my foray into Wellington Toastmasters at Kordia House. It will be interesting as I think they will be a bunch of Gen Ys and totally unaware that I am coming. It will be a big challenge for me too to hone my public speaking skills.

I still haven't written 'that letter'..it somehow feels distasteful to write it but I said I would so I should.
Perhaps I will just write it ro Mark, begging him to stand down, and telling him he has done a great job but is not suited to the Kiwi ethos, which it patently true.

At only forty three years old the son of former giant PM Pierre Trudeau takes to the throne as if it were meant to be his. Likened to the Obama he has youth and charisma and should make a great change for Canada.

The great ninety year oldfashion icon in NYC and Miami. A fabulous documentary about her life and myriad of ardent fans and admirers. I went with Pam who is also a fashion 'tragic'.

Btw my debut at Toastmasters went better Than I could have thought - nice sympathetic bunch of would be TED speakers...like me, lol! I will return in a fortnight for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment