Tuesday 3 March 2015

Morning coffee at Memphis

Another cloudy day but always busy. Coffee first at Memphis. Always good. Then meeting Ailua's speech therapist at BP for a chat, where she happily agrees that music is great therapy for stroke recovery and agrees also to write a letter in support for funding for a singing coach for Ailua. That was good news. 

Things are now also beginning to warm up for the Candlelight Memorial which needs quite a bit of work. I feel more relaxed now with my decision to quit Neighbours Day event, although it will doubtless affect my friendship with Jennifer. Such is life, but I am sure I am making the correct decision.

Tom comes into BP and we go out to have another coffee, this time decaff for me, sensibly, at the cafe Deluxe next to the Embassy Cinema. Great coffee and real Wellie vibes. Very Sir Peter Jackson territory.

Tom drops me home to rest before tonight and SCD, but before that, the HU at six thirty. Time to tweak the plans for Sunday morning at Clyde Quay School where Viva is presenting Eckankar to the ex-students and the parents of pupils, along with all the other religions. It will be very interesting to see how it goes down. It is going to be a very big weekend for me.

I get yet a second chance to see Don Quixote, for nothing. Heta texts me with two free tix, this is after I have refused a dress rehearsal last night with Jennifer. I thought it best to keep it free for Saturday night with W and R, as well not to get into too much debt to Jennifer who will be rudely shocked in a few days when I tell her of my cancelled plans.

The flat below has become vacant and Mr Patel is quick to fill it at an increased rent of $180. A small studio, but independent and a great position, probably the right price for Roseneath. They are now cleaning it for occupation.

I am keeping my strong visualisation that Sonny will take over the house on my departure and bring his family over next year. It would be a great place for them and not too pricy given that I will leave all the furniture and white goods here. 

'Che sera, sera...' as they sing.

Memphis reflections...

One of my early discoveries, a fabulous pianist at the Park Royal lobby...and he's blind and near ninety!

A second coffee (decaff!) at Deluxe

No comments:

Post a Comment