Saturday 28 March 2015

Swimmer's Day on Cuba


Today I am marching in the parade, my first in New Zealand. Representing my swimming club we have a stall later near Cuba to promote the Different Strokes Wellington Swimmers.

I thought it may be fine weather, but look at these photos and you'll see what a difference a minute makes in Wellington. Now in town for a quick coffee before we gather at Civic Square, I wonder why I didn't bring my rainjacket! I should have learned that by now. However, as the day developed the weather got better, and it turned to be a fabulous day. 
The crowds on Cuba Street were enormous and very supportive and it was a good experience especially as last night I was asked by Gareth from Film Archives to give an interview for them about my past, rather adventurous life. I'll have to think a bit about what to say as it will be a record of my life, but strangely kept in New Zealand. 


Picture to the left..

Same moment, to the right...weird ay?

Coffee at the Vic

Victoria St looking green

Twins looking after each other

Classic Kiwi family surviving the earthquake

Out in the Carpark

Well today was a big one...march up Cuba Street, DSW stall, desultory rendezvous with Neighbourly.co at Beach Babylon, then dancing at Thistle Hall. Just another typical Sunday, topped off by a World Cup win by OZ. Perhaps it's a sign! 

The big thing today really was Koroi's return from Vanuatu. After two weeks reporting for New Zealand Radio he looked exhausted after this mammoth tour of duty. He is doing an important job and will doubtless have a big future. Makes it a bit harder for me to leave, but certain things have their time, and I have things to do at Gosford.

So back to a full house at number 42 Evans Bay Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment