Tuesday 31 March 2015

Perfect Easter weather


Today is so perfect I wonder how I can leave this Capital City. And it seems, according to stats in today's Dom Post, that the Aussies have begun to discover Wellington, just as I have. Visitors from Oz have increased by 25% in the last year, and now ads are appearing in Australia about the attractions of Wellington, only three hours from Sydney.. Ooh well, it had to happen!

Am now at the Memphis where I am leaving my little momento on the wall, quietly, without anyone noticing, and it looks good and is a perfect fit for the space I had been eyeing off for weeks now. I want to pass on a few things when I leave and I may as well start giving things away now.

Sun at Memphis

Aussie dollar down, Kiwi up!

My pic under the mirror

Balck Caps somewhat glorious return

Mark Reason says it all, and in such a good erudite way, about the campaign of the Black Caps to win glory for New Zealand. He spoke of the good, the bad and the ugly, and the handsome, which is of course, the Kiwi team's behaviour both on and off the field. The Aussies' behaviour, on the other hand, is the ugly, with their constant uncalled-for sledging even when the cricketer has left the pitch.

Kiwi Daniel Vettori encapsulated the Kiw attitude. First generation Italian Kiwi, he has finished a long successful career starting at age18, being the most capped Kiwi Test player at 113 Test matches. 
He is the real hero who bowed out without a big announcement, just accepting the fact that his time as a player was over. He will make a great coach. The Black Caps remain on the top rung, albeit in second place.

Great champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment