Thursday 5 March 2015

The rain arrives...

Back at Havana cafe and I see front page St James is earthquake prone....oops hope Willi and Robert don't see this one!
Couldn't sleep well last night thinking about my cancellation of Neighbours Day function. Saw Jevon in bus this morning and she was disappointed saying all her friends said they would be interested...
...but 'saying is not going' I said. My decision rests, it is too much of a gamble. Jevon is a rarity in this world, a young transgender activist who wants to set the world right and find her rightful place in it. We are not all like her I'm afraid.


Ballet tomorrow...

White Kiwi, not yet extinct..

Havana luxe..

Book store closing..arrrgh!

Happy new owner..

The wind is up!

A movie at the Embassy....
Am indulging my senses yet again, this time at Sir Peter Jackson's other cinema I believe, right in town on Cambridge Terrace. It is to see a spy movie, 'Kingsman: the Secret', about MI 5 I can only presume. It is a gamble as I've read no reviews  but visiting this theatre is worth the eight dollars anyway. So I buy a Kapiti choc-top, fig and honey, quite delicious, and sit to look at the passing parade. There is quite a bit to see as some very vampish women arrive for a 20's Cocktail party for someone who is turning 21. This is in the downstairs Art Deco foyer, and another function is upstairs behind screens. The cinema does cater for a lot more than just movies.
Upstairs foyer at The Embassy

Art Deco mirror above winding staircase

No comments:

Post a Comment