Wednesday 6 July 2016

Cold day, bad head cold

Today is not a good one.  It is also cold and grey and I am like it, having gone down with a heavy cold last night, I think because of the lack of heating in the Scottish Dance hall. I might give them a miss for a while as I don't like at all feeling this way. I nearly didn't make it to Memphis this morning. Luckily I have a couple of books on the run, Joseph Conrad's much awaited 'Victory', and also the racy read of my very contemporary woman, Grace Jones, entitled 'I'll never write my memoir'. And she did, and it's worth a read, especially for me who lived a parallel life in Paris in the mad seventies. There were a few names featured in her life who were also in mine.
The extravagant Grace.
But this sad front page news, all too often there.
Wellington's next Mayor perhaps?
This government is unconscionable! Investing in multinationals like Coke!
And this film had to happen, but so fast!?
At last a nice uplifting piece of news at the Hamilton zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment