Tuesday 12 July 2016

New British PM Theresa May

Big news of the day is female British leader Theresa May elected unopposed.
But I nearly even forewent Memphis today with my cold worsening, but instead I cancelled everything else and just went for a quick coffee and to read the ever depressing newspapers. One day I will cease to read them I hope. My cold has not gone away as I wished so my lunch tomorrow with Anne is also postponed. She was very nice about it of course. Hope next week to do it then.
Kiojiro has valiantly taken the bus to Rotorua in the middle of gail force winds to do his mountain-bike riding so I hope it all goes well. I will stay at home, mostly in bed reading Joseph Conrad, and cooking  some chicken soup and baking a carrot cake for Julian who returns tomorrow I believe, from a holiday in Hawaii.
This Kiwi woman scientist says Wellington has the secret of best health in creating so much outdoor activity in an adverse climate, I certainly believe her!
An example of some very backward thinking that exists here, changes need to happen, and fast.
The modern media is dangerous and addictive for some who seeks vicarious thrills...
Another female leader, British PM Mrs Theresa May, preparing for Hillary Clinton who will be next US President, then it will be the big three, Theresa, Angela and Hillary, TAH very much! And I wonder if NZ Helen Clark will be the fourth one at the UN, I hope so!
Crystal Meth is an horrific drug and should be eradicated as quickly as possible.
Little dogs and big bellies at Memphis today....
Here is a retreat I would love to experience on the Whanganui River....
...it looks like a dream for a few days if the weather were good!

No comments:

Post a Comment