Tuesday 11 October 2016

Still settling...

Life in Woy Woy  is starting slowly and I really won't sleep there till this weekend. My departure from Peter's will be as graceful as was that from Wellington. More small things to move today and then tomorrow I get a fridge and Friday will finish the purchases, making me realise I will be disposing of at least half my possessions as they arrive from NZ in a few weeks. The cabana is tiny, and it is telling me what I knew already, I have too much stuff and the only solution is to dispose if it. Now I am forced to to do it, it will happen. My reasons for choosing this small place are not going unnoticed, and  it is very nice, humble, and clean, a place where I can write which is my primary objective.
The politics involved in this moral issue of equality for all people is downright dirty. The scrapping of the  plebiscite might avoid some nasty sledging but the fight will not go away. When the law will change is still up for debate but probably not till Labor achieves power, hopefully, in the next election.
Cricketing showing its ugly side in this court case....
New deputy mayor is a gay woman and will be our next Mayor it is predicted.
Two gay men say it straight and know there is much more work to do. There is a great proportion of the population who don't want to see gay marriage, for 'traditional reasons'. When will they realise that all traditions are not necessarily the right ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment