Sunday 14 June 2015

D Day for Sydney

At least a week gracing the front pages of the National Newspaper Jerry Collins is fittingly put to rest as only the Pasifika peoples know how to do properly. Porirua stood still as they revered its most respected hero, sportsman, All Black and gentleman. It was quite a showing of of love.

Am back to say goodbye to Memphis as they wanted to give me a free coffee on my departure.
Here it is, below,  in all its grandeur..with a pain au chocolat thrown in for good measure, by me!

Last night was a life changer...went to dinner with Y at Floriditas on Cuba. A clam pasta for me and crispy fried duck for Y made a tasty morsel but only in preparation for a fantastic gig at the Rogue and Vagabond around the corner. Tristan playing the fiddle with three others, Scottish John on the drums and three or four brass, all young and talented. It was a fabulous night's innovative jazz music and I enjoyed it more than I have anywhere, especially with my friend Y next to me, so handsome in his fedora and black framed glasses. It was a memorable night and when we left I felt it was just the beginning, and I think he may have thought that too, perhaps (stop projecting dummy!)

We are now texting like crazy and I think I may be readjusting my plans with Peter when I return tonight to Sydney.  Life is just one change after the other, and it is necessary to embrace the big ones when they present themselves or else life passes you by. 

I woke up this morning with some Golden Tongued Wisdom, an email from Air NZ offering cheap Aussie flights...I need one to come back here in August...perhaps...
Instead of a two week stint in UK it will be a four or five week holiday in Sydney and Birmingham!

Farewell coffee...


Wellie wild weather...

This is Pietari Inkinen conducting Wagner...I missed one concert but caught the last memorable one with Karen Gomyo playing Beethover violin concerto.

Wellington International Airport, really a misnomer as it only flies direct to OZ!
An easy route through security and duty free,suitably charged up with Guerlain Eau de Vetiver sprayed all over me I am now ready for the three hour flight, sans food, as I have bought a cheap ticket and am resting in the kids' area in lounge, very quiet as I am very early, feel relaxed and good.
Email from Jean has secured Saturday night chez elle,  so all is in order for my trip, every day is potentially filled which is how I like it, but all items are negotiable. Let's hope the weather is clement also.

Just caught up with Sonnyon his way to Delhi via Sydney, flight leaves nearly the same as mine but different airline.

No comments:

Post a Comment