Monday 29 June 2015

Sunny winter's day, with consequences.

Am realising my trek along the path of my new relationship is not going to be simple, and not always easy. I have to readjust my thinking, and certainly become supersensitive to his needs at this delicate stage of his life. Losing a life partner after forty years needs some time to recover from, and this is the real situation. Patience and sensitivity are my by-words, but 'never give up' is my motto!
My first view in the morning..

Footy final on front page..

Anita arrives for her Mocha..

An Aussie visitor Maxine, with her 'fluffy'

On June 27, 2015 it seems that the Euro died. Well this is how Greece sees it on the verge of total economic exclusion, not being able to repay any of its 1.6 billion Euro debt to the Common Market. Britain is no doubt smiling that it hasn't changed its currency although who knows who will be bailed out at the last moment. There are many billionaires in the world today who could come to the aid of an ailing country, but of course they don't want to. 

Europe is in a sad state there is no doubt. Last light at my Waiata group a newly arived German, intelligent, skilled and escaping from an economically unsound Europe, is so happy to have this antipodean island with something to offer him, even if it is just a three month working visa. He wants to stay here, there is no doubt about that.

I have broken my promise to stay silent with Y as I thought this was the best way to go, but I gave in and wrote him a short email saying please write me a note to say he is OK. He is being totally silent which is always difficult, especially when one is a communicator. I will patiently wait to see if he replies or not. Of course there is always the possibility he is not reading his emails these days!

Anyway, all will be revealed in the fullness of time, and I am happy to be back in this sunny and friendly city.

Four hours later and all has been revealed. My email to Y prompted the reply I needed to hear although it was a terminal one. Meaning that it's over, splatcch, kaput! The fragility I knew was there was more than just that, he is unable to relate on a normal level, still being in the throes of grief and loss. 

But this was more than a just a fling. It was something that had to happen, for both of us. For me it was to decide to stay in Wellie, yay! 
And for him, well, time will tell what Y will take away from it, as it was his call, not mine. All I can say is, 'May the blessings be'. 

Now on with my uncomplicated and single life in Wellie and I wish him all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment