Friday 5 June 2015

Friday on my mind...

It has been a most interesting day, as Wellington can often offer. Today was special, my invitation for lunch for Y's birthday which took place yesterday, after a day of submitting J's will for probate to High Court.

So today he was bit more relaxed but suffering like I had been from a sore throat. He suggested I may have given it to him. Which is possible. We had a coffee at Memphis where I formally introduced him to all the staff, then on his suggestion we went for a lunch at Ombra, one of my Cuba Street favourites. I was delighted with his choice.

He chose four small plates to share which all were very good,  but a meat balls dish, which I correctly feared may not be interesting. He agreed and we didn't finish them. The waitress from Rome, was  a sweetie called Ciara, and we spoke a little Italian and lamented the second fall of Rome.

After lunch we separated on our different ways, as we both had driven in the rain. I felt it was a step forward as there was no madness today, but just nice conversation and equal exchange, although he said I spoke as much as J. 'Not true' I riposted loudly.

We'll see what will happen. I am already a step removed from it all now, and I see realistically he needs at least six months to process his situation, And he is still vulnerable but all will work out with no dramas I have decided.

But....on my way home I had a coffee with someone who had left a note on my car windscreen yesterday, and he turned out to be a young man from South London who was interested in my car. But what was amazing is that he turned out to be the schoolboy friend of the son of my Aussie friend in Oxford, whom I am about to visit in August. What a small world. So I may have someone to purchase my car after all as I am thinking it may not be such a good idea to leave it with Y. as I don't want to place any imposition on him. We will hopefully become, and stay, really good friends.


Beach Babylon where we had an afternoon coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment