Monday 3 August 2015

Bye to Bicester HU to Birmingham!

It's sadly time to say goobye to this beautiful hospitality I have received at Bicester. Meg and John are superlative hosts and to cap it off J has just delivered to my bedroom door a wonderful brew of mixed tea leaves and two of my favoutite digestive biscuits. What a host, and it is only six-thirty! Tons of time for a leisurely departure after a very full day yesterday. John has an extremley interesting family and although his sister is slowly succumbing to dementia, his whole family is smart, hardworking and achieving, as this exquisite 17th Century home which they have painstakingly restored, amply proves.

I have indeed had a delicious and stimulating few days! 

Arrived in Birmingham welcomed by Manu in his sarong...

Near Snow Hill Station

Calais hotspot....

Cilla gone in Marbella

Snack at Pret à Manger

Manu's BnBmy red bedroom overlooking the park

Dora the Explorer, sur mon litmy first visitor!

How blessed am I! My unexpected gift at Manu's very modest rooming house is Dora, a small beautifully formed pussycat who opens my closed door all by herself to welcome me on my bed, black on red, great picture, thank you Dora!

After a nice baguette at a local eatery I read the daily rag and it's all about Edward Heath as a possible paedophile, Cilla Black's sudden departure in Marbella while on holiday, what alovely way to go!, and also the thousands of refugees in Calais trying to escape to the UK.  Are we lucky in New Zealand or what?

After a short rest I will return to Birmingham centre to begin my search of discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment