Sunday 9 August 2015

Saturday of Seminar


General Meeting of the Higher Initiates in the main room was something I could not miss. Yesterday was spent with Graham in a couple of excellent sessions and I enjoyed the ECK interaction very much.
The seminar is proving to be beyond my expectations although I didn't harbour any in the first place.

In front row...

Excellent presentations...I managed to catch up with Aussie friends Toby, Deirdre and of course Willi and Robert who were staying at the Novotel.
The Seminar was brilliantly organised and in 2017 will be staged at Frankfurt which could be a place to go to. The intimacy that exists here, as against the enormity of the World Wide makes it far easier to digest. The venue was perfect and the pace of events was also great. Two smaller HI meetings suited me fine and I gave a tiny introduction to NZ and Tasmania to the group who didn't know much about us.  
Birmingham is well suited to conventions and this centre although twenty years old is in excellent shape and caters well for big groups. The hosting is impeccable and I even had lunch at an Aussie pub  across the road where I watched Bledisloe Cup fall to the Kiwis, the All Blacks besting the Wallabies by seven points! The Aussies were ecstatic, especially after they have just lost the Ashes to a revitalised  England whose vistory was in no small part due to the Kiwiimport of Ben Stokes!  Kwis reign supreme again.


Panels...

And interviews...

Jassie Kurr,Indian from Chanhassen giving first of many great talks.

Saturday night finished with a social dance for the young after tea and cakes where we all had a good chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment