Friday 14 August 2015

Woy Woy Bay and Sydney

Arrived for lovely healthy drink at the Gnostic Café at Woy Woy and to meet my old and good friend Cherel who arrives with a new partner! She has acquired a refugee greyhound called Penny, a beautiful  animal and very sweet natured. We have a long catch up and Cherel kindly drives me to the Bay to stay with Malcolm am his friend Dean for the night, always a delightful experience. Malcolm is a real achiever amd has succeeded in having the churches recognise the tragedy of the many suicides resulting from the regular sexual abuse by clergy and now, because of his untiring efforts, there is to be a memorial service at the local Anglican Church on October 31. He has written the service and will also make the keynote address at it, also singing with the Central Coast Philharmonia Choir.

Such is the result of a hardworking and committed man who has suffered awfully at the hands of an abusive  clergy and who now will have some reconciliation and hopefully closure. I only hope the church is full at this most worthy and historical first, service,

We have a wonderful meal as always, tonight grilled salmon on a bed of cous cous, and take the two dogs for their consitutional walk in the morning to the nearby bay.  I am now en route ro Sydney for the day, and this evening will watch on tellie the final Bledisloe Cup game between the All Blacks and the Wallabies at Eden Park. My brother and his friends will be barracking for the Wallabies of course, and I, for the All Blacks!

Tomorrow is a lay day for me, before a busy Monday and then my Tuesday flight to Hobart, with each day chock full! I still have a few more phone calls to make for the trip, but it is virtually all organised already.

Dean doing his plate decorating

Malcolm researching into Antiques


His Gift to me....a First Edition 1946, of Jean Paul Sartre, a play!

Sydney tradition..Café City Extra at Circular Quay

Viewing the Harbour Bridge

As the sun is shining and the day is early I decide to go to the Quay, my all-time Sydney favourite, for a coffee and raisin toast. It is buzzy and the accents are all around me. I see a new release at the Dendy Quay so I may well catch that at ten-thirty, and then home to Matravlle for a rest before an evening of mad footy. There will be just enough time to get a chook and some chips before the game.

The movie is called 'Last Cab to Darwin', a local movie with a great review. I hope I am not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment