Saturday 15 August 2015

Quiet Sydney Sunday

Well as the the below photo says, the All Blacks thrashed the Wallabies and my small group in Sydney were not that enamoured of the result, although I was quite happy. It is Richie McCaw's final game so he had to go out on a high, but I still have my suspicions about him. Greg, the Rugby aficcionado here, says he is reputed to be a cheat and is always off-side, but his stature in the game intimidates the ref. Well that's what he said anyway. It was quite a good game, that is if you were a Kiwi supporter!
Ma'a Nonu scoring...

Bro ruminating in the morning sun...

...with a plunger coffee under the belt.

..I succumb to a real coffee at Bondi Jn caféand a naughty chocolate salted tart! Delish! While reading Francis Bacon's interesting life story.

The restaurant room....on the fifth floor of the gigantic Westfield Tower at Bondi Junction. This is indeed typical of the first world nature of Sydney- a suburb owned by the Jewish wealthy and frequented by the middle class wealthy, it has everything you could want if you are a consumer. It's busy today, a Sunday, but still laid back and has a weekend vibe, fitting for my intention to have a lay-day, although I have invited my friend Annie to have lunch here, or at Bondi Beach, depending on what we decide. She is always easy so I will just give her a call and we'll meet up.

Annie the actress.....for lunch at WestfieldBondi Junction

No comments:

Post a Comment