Sunday 30 August 2015

Return to Memphis

Am home! With a vengeance....lol! It didn't take long to get back to my routine. The two  housemates sill there, will be gone, both of them in two weeks, and the third one is in America. Things change and you roll with the blows. I will later today get my Trade Me  ads on the go to find good replacements for both Koroi and Fir who is off to the South Island with a new job and a new life. I wish her the best. After After a talk this morning with Koroi I realise he was never the person I thought he was. I gave him his gift of a little writing pad for his poetry, which he wil probably never use, but on the other hand the rainbow bonnet I gave Fir she wore immediately with great panache. I will be sad to see her go but not too sad to see the departure of the complex but fascinating Koroi. He will have a big life ahead of him, with or without his four kids in the Solomons. My tip is they will not come over her  as the culture shock would be too great. Perhaps later when he becomes wealthier, perhaps and wiser...

My own cup of versato with a pain au chocolat to celebrate my return.

Memphis the same as ever...

Jonah Lomuh..a rugby god now on dialysis

The 'Belle Community

It is so nice be part of this community which is rich and giving, offering a quality of life which surpasses most others. I feel privileged to be here and enjoying it. After my regular coffee then a visit to Body Positive and home to talk with Fir and start the ball rolling for new housemates. My return is in effect.

Young kiwi scientistsmaking waves with natural water purifying methods. This country is full of innovation, especially with young people at the helm.



Kiwi flag worth consideringthe Black Jack

The PM and the captain of the ABsRichie McCaw, arguably the two most important men in the country. 


The ABs, reasy to leave to win the World Cupin Great Britain later this year - they are the hot favourites so have a lot to live up to.

Tonight was a great welcome back to Tiwhanawhana who had been invited to give waiata at the Wellington Medical School which we did with great aplomb led by Kevin. The fourth year students had been well prepared by their teacher/mentor who had invited us to perform and have korero with them as part of their ongoing studies to acquaint them with the world of takataapui. I met some charming intelligent young people and it was a most enjoyable intellectual and cultural interchange.
What a way to spend my first night back in this wonderful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment