Tuesday 21 July 2015

Kiwi phenomenon

Today is car tyre day and I am $440 poorer but with two new tyres, I  suppose I should celebrate that part of it, although the tyres certainly looked alright to my uneducated eyes. Although Bho did tell me they would have needed replacing at next WOF in a few months so I am doing it earlier. It will be nice to have the wheels re-aligned as well. So good will come of this and all is well in the world. I do like having good wheels under me.

There is a phenomenon in New Zealand, that things just go wrong for no real reason. I suppose it may be Murphy's  Law. I am using this ambulance crash as an example, where the patient inside died after it crashed into a pole. The enquiry will no doubt exonerate the driver and all will be regretted but someone has died, prematurely.
Smash palace..

The Meat works gone from Petoneleaving place for Petone eventually to become gentrified, meaning, more cafes, restaurants and very popular op. shops.

Endemic fighting in prison..cannot be stopped in this system.

Aah, the Film Fesival I am missing!This looks like an excellent   example - let's hope it may get general release.


So I go to Cuba to see Ian McKellen in Mr Holmes..hope it is good.

Just out of the movie and really, it was a star vehicle for Ian McKellen. I am sure it will win him some awards, and perhaps even an Academy which he sorely deserves. It was a fictional account of Holmes' final case, which he was to pen himself, as all the Sherlock Holmes' stories were written by his house-mate, Dr Watson.

 The movie as well, had a delightful young star-to-be, called Milo, who nearly stole the show. Laura Linney was also excellent and the Kentish countryside where it was filmed was breathtaking.
Made me all the more want to do a long visit of the English countryside, but of course it evoked the 1900s perfectly and that era is well over. However some of the pubs and old bulidings are still there. 
Perhaps one day....certainly a four star movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment